How to Avoid Having Your
Life Savings Wiped Out by a Nursing Home Spend Down.
One of the biggest fears that many people have today is the fear of having their life savings wiped out if they end up in a nursing home. What a shame to see someone's life savings of 30, 40 or 50 years wiped out in a matter of months. Whether you or a family member is in a crisis or not, it is important that you understand what you can do to protect your hard-earned assets. Most of the public do not yet realize that the laws on asset protection and long-term care planning continue to change. It is extremely important that you know about these changes and how they may affect your long-term care planning!
At this information session here is some of what you will discover:
- How protection of assets is restricted and the steps you should take now to protect your loved ones.
- The language that many people don't have in their power of attorney document, which may help protect their life's savings
- The Veteran's benefit some people know nothing about that may be used to pay for home care, assisted living care, and nursing home care.
- An often overlooked Medicaid program that provides for care in the home.
- Steps to consider now that may allow a loved one to preserve resources EVEN IF they are already in or about to enter a nursing home.
- How to get good care at a Senior Care Facility.
- Senior Care Options for independence; planning for today and the future.
View our calendar for a list of upcoming dates.
If you would like to register for an upcoming event please call us at
(401) 921-4443. Seating is limited and we tend to fill up quickly...so do not delay!
For Organizations and Groups
If you are part of an organization or group (examples: nursing homes, assisted living facilities, support groups, human resource professionals) and would like an attorney from Ball Law Associates, P.C. to speak about Estate & Long-Term Care Planning, Planning for Individuals in or about to enter Nursing Homes, and/or Special Needs Planning, please contact us for more information.